Summary of Position
Assists in management of convenience store engaged in selling merchandise by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in Planning and preparing work schedules and assignments of employees to specific duties. (5%)
- Assists and supervises employees engaged in sales work, taking of inventories, reconciling cash with sales receipts, keeping operating
- records and preparing daily record of transactions or performs work of subordinates, as needed. (3%)
- Ensures compliance of employees with established security, sales, and record keeping procedures and practices. (1%)
- Orders merchandise or prepares requisitions to replenish merchandise on hand. (5%)
- Ensure all reports, such as purchase, inventory and sales, are accurate and timely. (15%)
- Monitor and verify vendor activity in store. (2%)
- Monitor and maintain proper store cleanliness, appearance and maintenance as per company guidelines. (5%)
- Ensure all store employees are trained properly. (5%)
- Coordinates sales promotion activities and prepares, or directs workers preparing, merchandise displays and advertising copy. (1%)
- Maintain a customer service oriented operation. (5%)
- Perform all shift duties as required. (40%)
- Able to perform daily duties of Store Manager in his/her absence. (5%)
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with overall operations improvement such as increasing customer base. (3%)
- Assist in pricing adjustments, if necessary. (5%)
- Perform all other duties as required.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or proof of general education degree (GED) and one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Background in convenience store operations.
- Ability to train employees.
- Ability to manage employees.
- Ability to deal with the public.
- Knowledge of machines.
- Ability to calculate money.