Summary of Position
Receives cash from customers or employees in payment for goods or services by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure customer service is a priority with a goal of achieving 93% on Customer Service Shops. (5%)
- Makes change and issues receipts or tickets to customers. (5%)
- Reads and records totals shown on cash register tape and verifies against cash on hand. (5%)
- Gives cash refunds or issues credit memorandums to customers for returned merchandise. (2%)
- Operates cash register by inputting the price of each item, totaling all items to be purchased and compiling a printed list. (50%)
- Stock store shelves and containers with products as required. (5%)
- Monitor and assist with deli service such as preparing coffee. (5%)
- Check in vendors according to company procedures and record data as required. (3%)
- Ensure the store is cleaned inside and out. (10%)
- Record information and prepare reports as requested. (5%)
- Ensure all activities are performed in a proper and professional manner according to company standards. (5%)
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all other duties as required.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or proof of general education degree (GED) and one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, write and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate with the general public
- Ability to read and write
- Knowledge of convenience store equipment