Summary of Position
Knowledge of all products and cook times. Taking proper inventory on a weekly and monthly basis. Communication and great customer service. Training of fellow employees and follow-up to maintain fresh product and standards to all customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Take an accurate weekly and monthly inventory of supplies and products. Record daily sale and waste at the end of the day. (5%)
- Record and purchase weekly inventory. Take inventory of products before placing food order to control over purchasing of product not needed. (5%)
- Prepare hot Elmo’s breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Must be able to operate all ovens. Maintain clean operating equipment. Repeat any maintenance needed to be done on equipment. (10%)
- Directs proper partitioning of Elmo’s and Higher Grounds to other coworkers. Directs coworkers of proper rotation and staging of product. Directs coworkers in proper storage of product. (10%)
- Achieve great customer service and fast service to all customers throughout the day. Properly train coworkers the importance of customer service. Maintain a customer service standard of 90% on secret shops. (5%)
- Train coworkers the importance of proper cooking, recording waste, customer service wearing proper uniforms and taking proper inventory and record waste after each shift. (5%)
- Keeps records and makes reports of expenditures. (5%)
- Compares invoices against purchase orders and shipping and receiving documents to verify receipt of items ordered. (5%)
- Reads and reviews weekly fast food inventory. Make weekly changes of cost of products on fast food inventory if needed on a weekly basis. (5%)
- Orders food and supplies from vendors. Contacts vendors or buyers regarding errors in partial or duplicate shipments, prices, and substitutions. Maintains file of returnable items received from or returned to vendors. (5%)
- Rotates product in all make tables, coolers, and dry storage using FIFO. Assembles, disassembles and cleans all equipment as needed. (2%)
- Check in vendors properly. (2%)
- Responsible for maintaining an acceptable gross profit, proper inventory management with any contractual agreement. (2%)
- Responsible for achieving a 5% or greater sales increase year in both Elmo’s and Higher Grounds. (2%)
- Prepare employee schedules two weeks in advance. (2%)
- Attend mandatory seminars. (2%)
- Coordinates sales promotion activities and prepares and directs employees in promotions. (2%)
- Plans and prepares work schedules and assigns employees to specific duties. (2%)
- Payroll must be within the budgeted hours set by Hot Food Supervisor. (2%)
- Ensures that all reports are accurate and timely. (2%)
- Assists with human resource issues such as hiring, discipline, and termination. (2%)
- Portion control of Elmo’s and Higher Grounds, such as product, meats, vegetables into both Elmo’s and Higher Grounds case. (10%)
- Places all products in proper coolers, freezers, front counters, and dry storage as needed. (2%)
- Maintains proper inventory levels for both Elmo’s and Higher Grounds. (2%)
- Managers must be serve-safe certified. (2%)
- Train employees on proper sanitation guidelines. (2%)
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Stocking items in store (2%)
- Perform all other duties as required.
- Coordinates the activities of one or two employees in the deli-hot food area. Responsible for conducting Performance Appraisals with direct employees/without the responsibility for hiring or terminating.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or proof of general education degree (GED) and one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively communicate with the general public and employees.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, compute rate, and gross profit percentage.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of health and safety related to foods
- Knowledge of inventory control
- Knowledge of foods and culinary arts
- Ability to train and motivate employees.
- Accessible to be contacted and arrive to work on an as needed basis.